This year we will present, “Let’s Dance the Movies”, directed by Ms. Jean Louisa Steele aka “MisWesa”. She has already begun the time consuming task of putting together a show and it’s sure to be an exciting one. You won’t want to miss it!
Ticket sales for the recital will again be available online through this page.
Please check back for more details. Check our Recital FAQ page for general recital information.
We offer 2 different recitals. Please confirm which recital your dancer will participate in from the 2 options below before ordering your recital tickets.
- Show “A” includes the following Classes & Companies: All Pre-Combo, Ballet Basic, Jazz/ Tap Basic, Dance Movement classes; Dancer’s Edge Company; and Elite Ballet Program.
- Show “B” includes the following Classes: All Child Classes Level 1 through Advanced Teen Classes Level 5
Please check our recital timeline for important dates, including mandatory rehearsal and performance dates throughout the year.
Costume Measurements: All students in recital classes will be measured by a Southern Dance Theatre representative during the 1st and 2nd weeks in November. Students should make every effort to be in class!
Recital Shoe & Tight List
The required list of recital tights and shoes can be downloaded here.
All recital tights will be purchased for your dancer(s) by Southern Dance Theatre and you will receive an invoice for tights at the beginning of April. You are responsible for your dancers’ socks (if required) and shoes for recital.
Lightning Videos returns to professionally record our recital performances this year. If you’d like to order this year’s or last year’s recital video, you may do so on their website here or by downloading the order form and following the instructions.
Any students that need to make up missed class can do so until Saturday, February 24th. Beginning Monday, February 26th*, until the end of our session, students will be learning their recital dances and missed classes will only be able to be made up in non recital classes of the same class level.
Recital Absentee Policy is:
- A student may have up to 3 absences in each recital class.
- No more than 2 consecutive absences in the same class are permitted.
- The 4th absence will result in dismissal from that recital dance.
*Absence Policy will go into effect beginning February 26th.